Monday, November 1, 2010

Heads Up to Iggy for Buddy's Bar

Iggy did a piece on this bar way back in March of last year and happily, the bar is still in Second Life business!  (**Oh no!  I just noticed the last post on their blog is from last November!!  I will check on club's status as soon as I can.)  It's called Buddy's and here's how its blog describes it:
BUDDY'S BAR IS A LIVE MUSIC VENUE...A REPLICA OF A RL IRISH PUB IN LIMERICK CITY IN MUNSTER, IRELAND..SITUATED DOWN A SEEDY ALLYWAY... BUDDYS' HAS BEEN BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE AND IS NOW THE PREMIER MUSIC VENUE FOR THS BEST LIVE ARTISTS IN SL. BLUES, ROCK AND FOLK HAVE GOT A NEW HOME!
Nice!  The artists featured on the blog are good.

So now I can use this as an opportunity to talk about the time I danced on top of Buddy Guy in his club in Chicago.  I was there for a conference, and Buddy's Legends club was in walking distance to my hotel.  Went early, met the band, particularly the keyboardist, at the bar ahead of time, had a couple beers with them, and they invited me to sit (and dance, which is mostly what I do at blues clubs) in the VIP box right beside the stage.  Now it was just me up there, so they were playing, I was jamming -- all of a sudden, I step backwards and almost fall onto someone behind me.

It is Buddy Guy with 3 women and one other guy.  I knew he showed up at the club from time to time, but the guys told me he was not likely to be there that night.  I apologized for dancing on him!  And I offered to leave his box!

He said, "No, darlin', I love to watch a pretty girl dance.  Stay right where you are."

My brush with greatness.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, as an update to this post now that I have decided to start keeping this blog, I have also backed up all into Jules Feiffer at a comic book convention. I don't know what it is about me and walking backwards without looking where I'm going, but in reflection, maybe I ought to do it more often.

    ReplyDelete